A novel Laptop Session will take place following lunch each day where authors will be at their numbered stations with their laptops describing their work. The idea is to offer a semi-formal, yet intimate channel during 3Dsig to facilitate discussion of individual research. The number of Laptop Session stations is limited, so reserve a place in advance. Laptop Session presenters are required to submit a one-page abstract, a 50-word summary plus a representative figure or table, and bring their own laptops. The Laptop Session will differ from the poster session at the main event the following week, and will maximize participation by registrants during 3Dsig.
- This session will be split each day into 2 groups.
- The laptop session will have numbered stations only for people who do not present their abstract orally. A central place will be available for further discussions as well as presentation/discussion by authors who are also giving an oral presentation.
- We will have electricity for all laptop session participants.
- 20 short talks (15 minutes each) will be selected based on the one-page abstract.
- At registration, Laptop Session presenters will be handed an additional badge sporting their single figure/table and a Laptop Session number.
- During 3Dsig, Laptop Session presenters can be approached to present their research (recommended presentation time is 4-5 minutes) on their own laptop.
- The summary + figure/table will be also published in the 3Dsig handout booklet.
- Submitting an abstract to 3Dsig does not prevent you from submitting a similar (or even identical) abstract to the main ISMB poster session.
- We would like to stress - laptops will not be provided by the organizers, i.e. presenters should come with their own laptops.
Attendees are encouraged to submit:
- a one-page "laptop" abstract
- a 50-word summary
- one representative figure or table
View 2004 Abstracts