Department of Biological Chemistry
The Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot 76100 Israel
|Date of Birth:||August 06th, 1986|
|2012 – Present||Post-doctoral fellowship at Weizmann Institute of Science, Department of Biological Chemistry.|
|2009 – 2012||
Ph.D. in Microbiology, Aix-Marseille University, 14 Dec. 2012
|2008 – 2009||Masters Degree in Microbiology, Biotechnology and Plant Biology, valedictorian, Aix-Marseille University|
|2005 – 2008||Bachelor Degree in Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Aix-Marseille University|
|2012 – Present||
The Bayer Lab, Weizmann Institute
* Conversion of fungal cellulolytic enzymes to the cellulosomal mode, by fusion to a dockerin module.
* Expression of artificial mini-scaffoldins in the fungus Aspergillus niger.
|2011 – 2013||
INRA-UMR 1163 Fungal Biotechnology
* Screening of fungal strains isolated from mangrove trees for the production of biomass degrading enzymes and characterization of their secretomes using 1D proteomic mapped on a de novo- assembled transcriptome.
* Study of the mycelial interactions effects on the transcriptome of the fungi P. cinnabarinus using RNAseq and q-RT-PCR.
* Creation of artificial fungal consortia to improve biomass degradation: tracking of the communities composition using q-RT-PCR.
|2009 – 2011||
INRA-UMR 1163 Fungal Biotechnology – INRA-UMR 1136 IAM
* Characterization of the fungal diversity on mangrove trees and in mangrove sediment using 454 pyrosequencing of multiple molecular markers.
* Cloning, heterologous expression, purification and enzymatic characterization of 2 fungal cellobiose dehydrogenases (CDH).
6 months traineeship CNRS-UPR 3243 Interactions and Response Modulators
* Study of the thiol reduction pathways in Delsufovibrio vulgaris during an oxidative stress.
2 months traineeship CNRS-UMR 7255 Engineering of Macromolecular Systems
* Study of a Two Components Systems regulating the pathogenicity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
2007 1 month traineeship Scientific Centre of Monaco
* Molecular characterization of the coral strain collection
|2009 – 2012||Teaching assistant at the Engineering School of Luminy – Biotechnology Section.|
|English||Fluently spoken and written|
General Biology * In vitro cultivation of bacterial and fungal cells
* Cultivation in anaerobic chambers
* Fluorescence microscopy cell observation
Molecular Biology * Nucleic acid purification and electrophoresis (DNA/RNA)
* Nucleic acid modification (digestion, ligation)
* Reverse transcription, PCR, quantitative PCR (SYBR and TaqMan)
* Gene cloning and expression in bacteria, filamentous fungi and yeast
Biochemistry * Protein purification (affinity chromatography, gel permeation, anion exchange)
* 1D and 2D protein gel electrophoresis
* Enzyme characterization
Bioinformatics * Oligonucleotide and expression vector design
* Sanger, Illumina and 454 sequencing data handling and analysis
* Basic notions in R, Perl, Python and Bash scripting
Computer * Proficient usage of the main operating systems (Windows, MacOs, GNU/Linux)
* Usage of the Microsoft Office pack (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
* Usage of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
Arfi Y., Chevret D., Henrissat B., Berrin J-G., Levasseur A., Record E. (2013), Characterization of salt-adapted secreted lignocellulolytic enzymes from the mangrove fungus Pestalotiopsis sp. Nature Communications. In press
Turbe-Doan A., Arfi Y., Record E., Estrada-Alvarado I., Levasseur A. (2012), Heterologous production of cellobiose dehydrogenases from the basidiomycete Coprinopsis cinerea and the ascomycete Podospora anserina and their effect on saccharification of wheat straw. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. DOI: 10.1007/s00253-012-4355-y
Arfi Y., Buée M., Marchand C., Levasseur A. and Record E. (2012), Multiple markers pyrosequencing reveals highly diverse and host-specific fungal communities on the mangrove trees Avicennia marina and Rhizophora stylosa. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 79: 433-444.
Arfi Y., Marchand C., Wartel M. and Record E. (2012), Fungal diversity in anoxic-sulfidic sediments in a mangrove soil. Fungal Ecology, Volume 5, Issue 2: 282-285
Arfi Y., Record E. Adaptive response of Pycnoporus coccineus during combative interactions against different competitors. (Submitted)
9th Meeting of Phytopathology – Mycology, Aussois 2012: Studying the fungal diversity in mangroves: benefits from massively multi-parallel pyrosequencing of multiples markers.
Annual Meeting of the R-Syst Network, Avignon 2011: Evaluating the fungal diversity through 454 sequencing: can we limit the PCR biases through the use of multiple primer pairs?