Our Latest Projects
|HR Committee System||
We are pleased to launch a computerized system for the Human Resources Committee for Personnel Acceptance, representing a streamlining of committee procedures and another step toward a paperless campus. The system enables: online completion of worker request forms, cataloguing of all related documents, an automatic workflow of approvals and monitoring the status of each request.
|Next Generation Networking||
Robust and Resilient Networking, Improved performance, End-to-End 10 Gigabit, Data Center Segmentation for better Security, Efficient Data Center cable management, Ubiquitous Wireless services, and a foundation for future Technology adoption. The journey of migrating Weizmann’s Network is starting now!
|SFX Scholarly Linking||
SFX provides direct, context sensitive linking, an A-Z eJournal list Citation Linker, a comprehensive Knowledge Base of scholarly eResources and more.
We are pleased to announce the launch of a new tool, developed in-house, for conference management and registration. This system was developed in conjunction with the Weizmann Conference Unit to aid both the conference coordinators on an administrative level, and the scientific coordinators on the management level.
Weizmann is implementing new and exciting Unified Communication & Collaboration (UCC) capabilities: includes new IP Phones & Soft(ware) Phone, Video & Audio Conferencing, Instant Messaging (Chat), Desktop sharing and Presence Information
All IT Systems are operational
- Scheduled Maintenance on the HR System, from Thursday, Dec. 5 at 16:00 through Friday, Dec. 6 at 15:00
Scheduled Maintenance on the HR System, from Thursday, Dec. 5 at 16:00 through Friday, Dec. 6 at 15:00
From Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013 at 16:00 through Friday, Dec. 6, at 15:00, the Applications Branch will perform a database upgrade to the HR system.
As a result, there will be no access to the following systems during the maintenance window:
- The HR system
- The system for reporting the presence of scientists
- The "tofes tiyulim" system for end-of-employment signatures
- The system for requesting the employment of academic advisors
- The system for submitting requests to the Human Resources Committee
- Registering for the Eat-->Go service
- The system for issuing tickets to students by Institute Security
- General interfacing between the HR system and all related Institute systems
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Applications Branch09:53 | Dec 3, 2013
- Remote access to ScienceDirect platform is problematic
Remote access to ScienceDirect platform is problematic
Please note that remote access to journals on ScienceDirect platform is currently problematic. The library is trying to solve this issue. We will post an update once the problem is solved. ScienceDirect is accessible from campus.Dec 5, 2013
- SciFinder user meeting
SciFinder user meeting
You are welcome to register to the Scifinder user meeting held on 18/12/13 at
"Krypton" Conference Hall, Ramat Hasharon, 'Hakfar Ha Yarok' from 9:00 till 14:00.
For more details and registration click here.
SciFinder offers a one-stop shop experience with flexible search and discover options based on user input and workflow. one can search for substances, reactions, patent and journal references.Dec 4, 2013
- Trial access to Future Oncology published by Future Medicine
Trial access to Future Oncology published by Future MedicineNov 17, 2013
- SciFinder Enhancements
SciFinder have further enhanced the recently-launched non-Java structure editor.
Newest additions to the non-Java Structure Editor include the Reaction Arrow, Chain and Undo/Redo tools.
Other SciFinder enhancements include:
- New content with approximately 23,000 new experimental NMR spectra, front page graphics for over 26,000 German patent records
- New display option layout for ease of use
- An automatic sign inNov 10, 2013
- Trial access to Future Medicinal Chemistry published by Future Medicine
Trial access to Future Medicinal Chemistry published by Future MedicineNov 7, 2013
- Web Browsers configuration to ensure that library resources work optimally
Web Browsers configuration to ensure that library resources work optimally
The library encourages all patrons that use our Web site and our various web-based services to confirm that the following browser settings are configured as suggested below. This will ensure that the resources work optimally.
• Proxy - when working from inside the institute set your browser to work with the institute’s proxy by selecting “auto detect proxy [IE, Chrome, Firefox]’
• Regularly clean your browsers cache/history – this ensures that you get the most up to date version of the product [IE, Chrome, Firefox]
Contact the library for more information.Oct 3, 2013
- SFX - an Open URL Link Resolver
SFX - an Open URL Link Resolver
WIS library is rolling out its new link resolver. SFX, uses the OpenURL - uniform resource locator, a standardized format - to build links for the library’s various subscriptions and resources in order to facilitate access to full text with a single click.
Instructions on how to use SFX are available hereSep 29, 2013