How much does Bioinformatics Support costs?
Kickoff meetings to program future experiments, short phone consultations and courses are free of charge. All other Bioinformatics and Consulting support from the Bioinformatics Unit are charged.
The current pricing scheme contemplates three categories for groups, based on the type, complexity, extent and frequency of the analysis and consulting provided:
Analysis and Consulting: Light Use
Analysis and Consulting: Medium Use
Analysis and Consulting: Heavy Use
There is one charge per scientific group (Principal Investigator) for consulting/analysis with any and all members of the unit. However multiple projects will be charged separately. The charging is done twice yearly, and internal reviews will take place more often so that groups can be updated as to where they stand on the charging scale. When a group reaches a new level of charging, a letter will be sent to the PI requesting transfer of funds through Internal Services to the Bioinformatics and Biological Computing Unit.
How to pay for Bioinformatics Support ?
For Weizmann Institute Users
- Open the Internal Services Under Biological Services
- Under Biological Services select Bioinformatics
- select Bioinformatics Enter 1 on the line of the level of Analysis and Consulting that you wish to order
- Click Send.
For External Users
- All users from outside the Weizmann Institute of Science must have an active service agreement (commercial users, academic users) when receiving Bioinformatics Support.
- Ask the Bioinformatics Unit staff you plan to get support from what's your level of Analysis and Consulting
- Contact the Biological Services Administration (Tel: +972-8-934-3936/3938 ) for instructions on how to send by FAX (Fax: +972-8-934-4113 ) the required payment.