Who is eligible to buy a house in the Institute housing areas?

  • Senior Staff Scientists and Senior Research Fellows are entitled, upon availability, to buy an on-campus dwelling unit. The unit will be priced according to the market value of an equivalent dwelling and will be determined by a professional assessor. It is also possible to buy an on-campus dwelling unit from someone who already owns one; the price is negotiable. (Actually the land is not purchased, but leased for a long time.)
  • See “Housing Assistance for Academic Staff”.
  • Tenured Staff Scientists are eligible for housing loans, see the question below.