The COVID-19 pandemic has forced all of us into unexpected and exceptional situations. From one day to the next, our projects are curtailed or cancelled, we work from home according to dynamic and unpredicable quarantine policies, and we are unable to properly plan, be it our work- or even our personal lives.
Women have been particularly affected, often carrying the burdens of caring for or schooling others at home on top of working there. Younger women in science are also concerned about the longer term effect on their career as PhDs studies and outcomes become significantly altered from their original plans or intentions.
We believe that firm and mindful (self-) leadership is key to a powerful response in facing these challenges. Leadership in such times requires a special focus on needs – the needs of both those around us and ourself. How can we lead ourselves and others best in the current situation to provide an effective and constructive way forward? How can we build our resilience and restore our sense of control?
Goals of the Workshop
In this practical and interactive workshop, you will learn to:
- Be a more confident and competent leader to guide yourself and those around you in times of crisis
- Address the specific current challenges that you are facing right now
- Build skills to maintain your equilibrium in the face of uncertainty
- Develop awareness and competencies for appropriate and targeted action
- Understand the importance of good self-care and apply effective self-care techniques
Sessions topics (topics and sessions order might be changed according the current situation and challenges of the participants)
- Session 1: Developing Structure and Orientation in Uncertainty
- Session 2: Strategies for Healthy Engagement with Challenges
- Session 3: Developing a Personal Management Toolkit
- Session 4: Maintaining Communication in Challenging Times
- Session 5: Taking Control of Motivation and Career
- Session 6: Supporting Self and Others
The workshop will take place twice a week for 3.5 hours each time, between 10:00 – 13:30, on Sundays and Wednesdays January 24, 27, 31 and February 3, 7, 10 . The applicants must commit to participate fully to all the workshop activities in all the dates above.
To apply please fill in the registration link and send a CV, including a short paragraph explaining what is your personal situation and how you believe that the workshop can help you in the present situation.
The deadline for application is December 24, 2020.