The Israel National Postdoctoral Award Program for Advancing Women in Science is open to outstanding candidates who finished a PhD in the exact and natural sciences in one of Israel’s institutions of higher learning.
The information below refers to applications for 2017
Candidates' eligibility is based on:
- PhD thesis approval as of January 1, 2016 **
- Acceptance as a postdoctoral researcher in a leading research group overseas
- Existence of additional outside funding from a granting agency or from the research group from which the applicant has already received acceptance.
- Applications must be received by May 1, 2017.
**In special cases of exceptional excellence, applicants pursuing a second postdoc (after a very successful first postdoc in Israel) will also be considered for candidacy.
Candidates who have received a similar fellowship for advancing women in science from an Israeli source are not eligible for the award.
Your total income, including the award, cannot exceed $100,000 a year.
Deadline for submitting applications for 2017 is May 1, 2017.
All applicants must fill out the electronic application form and upload the requested additional documents with the application form to be considered for the Israel National Postdoctoral Award Program for Advancing Women in Science:
In addition to filling out and sending the electronic application form, candidates must also attach the following information (1-8) as one PDF document max weight: 2MG. The PDF document should be named according to the following format: (candidate’s last name_first name_women award 2017).
Application forms received without the requested additional documents will not be accepted.
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list, according to the following categories:
- In press or published articles in scientific and professional magazines
- Review articles and book chapters
- Conference abstracts
- Prizes and scholarships received during the course of the applicant’s PhD studies, as well as during their graduate and undergraduate studies
- An abstract of 300 words or less of the applicant’s doctoral thesis, in English
- A 300-word (maximum length) description (background and goals) of the applicant's future research, in English
- A letter of acceptance from the principal investigator in whose lab the candidate will conduct her postdoctoral research (please advise the PI that the award will augment the fellowship received from the lab)
- Passport picture
- List of funding sources for the first two years of the postdoc (Salary from the host lab, prizes, fellowships, etc.)
- Advisor’s recommendation in English (to be sent in a separate email to: firstname.lastname@example.org)