Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd.
Prof. Mudi Sheves, Chairman
Mr. Amir Naiberg, CEO
Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd. is the commercial arm of the Weizmann Institute of Science (WIS). Yeda initiates and promotes the transfer to the global marketplace of research findings and innovative technologies developed by WIS scientists. Yeda holds an exclusive agreement with the Weizmann Institute to market and commercialize its intellectual property and generate income to support further research and education.
Yeda performs the following activities
- Identifies, assesses, and promotes research projects with commercial potential.
- Protects the intellectual property of the Institute and its scientists.
- Licenses WIS inventions and technologies to industry.
- Channels funding from industry to research projects.
- Follows-up on development and commercialization of licensed technologies.
Yeda Statistics for 2009-2010
- Over 2400 introductions & presentations of WIS Technologies to companies.
- Over 130 presentations of confidential information to interested companies (under signed secrecy agreements).
- Over 65 new license and option agreements signed.
- Over 70 research projects at WIS were funded through Yeda by companies, by the chief scientist of the ministry of industry and trade and by Yeda itself, including through joint funds with companies such as Johnson & Johnson.
- Over 160 patent disclosures submitted by WIS scientists
Spanning the Natural Sciences
WIS research and technologies cover a broad spectrum of the natural sciences, including:
- Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics
- Bioinformatics, Proteomics, Biomatics & Systems Biology
- Medical Devices
- Cleantech, Renewable Energy, Bio-fuels and Environmental Sciences
- Agriculture and Plant Genetics
- Chemistry and Nanotechnology
- Physics and Electro-Optics
- Mathematics and Computer Science
Yeda controls an internal Yeda CEO Fund. This fund aims to support projects that are close to commercialization and due to their practical nature can not be funded by regular scientific research grants. More information is available on our website.
Contact us! We are interested in receiving your patent disclosures, requests, feedback & comments.
Seeking Additional Partners
Yeda partnered with many multinational entities such as Merck- Serono, Novartis, Baxter, Pfizer, Sanofi-Aventis, Johnson & Johnson, Teva, Invitrogen & others. We are actively seeking additional commercial partners and entrepreneurs that can bring WIS technologies to the marketplace.
Additional information on the business opportunities offered by Yeda, can be found at:
Tel: 972 (0) 8 947 0617
Fax: 972 (0) 8 947 0739
SMS: 972 (0) 8 9366874