Tichon Ramah Yerushalayim (TRY) is seeking dynamic & experienced high school teachers to join our faculty this coming spring. Tichon Ramah Yerushalayim is a high-school Israel program for North American teens, affiliated with the Conservative Movement. Our semester runs from January 25 - May 31 2021. Our 10th – 12th grade students are self-selected, joining us from multiple schools as part of a 4 month learning experience. Our class sizes are generally small. Teachers are employed on an hourly basis. The number of hours offered depends on the number of classes you are able to teach. This is not a full time position.
Required: Fluent English speaker, grade 7-12 Teacher Certification and/or advanced degree in subject area, teaching experience in the subject area, ability to establish a good rapport with students, excited for the opportunity to teach with us!
- All sciences - Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Earth Science , Physics
- Math - Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calc, Statistics, and AP Calculus
Teachers will be required to:
- Create a course curriculum based on multiple students’ unique home syllabi.
- Enter homework, grades and attendance regularly to an online school management system.
- Teach courses at an appropriate level of instruction.
- Design, assign and grade quizzes, tests, homework, projects, and other assignments, independently.
- Implement all mandatory Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and 504 plans.
You must be comfortable teaching in a diverse co-ed teaching environment. Our campus in Jerusalem is a Purple Badge site according to the Ministry of Health. While we are aiming for classes to be held in person according to all COVID guidelines, we recognize that this may not always be possible.
Please email CV with subject “Teaching Position 2021” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will receive a response.