Two Postdoctoral Research Associate Positions
Two positions are open immediately in the theory group of Eli Pollak
(email - email@example.com)
at the Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel. The positions are available for one year with the option of renewal for another year. One concerns the study of time in quantum mechanics, the other the development of lower bounds for ab-initio quantum chemistry computations. Both projects call for excellent analytical and computational skills. The study of time involves numerical wave packet propagation techniques, the study of lower bounds requires experience in ab-initio quantum chemistry computations.
Information on recent work on time in quantum mechanics may be found in the following references below [1-8] (reprints are available upon request). The development of lower bounds to eigenvalues is described in a preprint available upon request .
Consider applying if you are looking for something ”different”, original and fundamental. Please submit your cv, list of publications and names of at least two people who are willing to recommend you and your work by email to Eli Pollak – firstname.lastname@example.org .
- E. Pollak, Quantum Tunneling - The Longer the Path the Less Time it Takes, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 8, 352-356 (2017).
- E. Pollak, Transition path time distribution, tunneling times, friction and uncertainty, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 070401 (2017).
- E. Pollak, Thermal quantum transition path time distributions, time averages and quantum tunneling times, Phys. Rev. A 95, 042108 (2017).
- J. Petersen and E. Pollak, Tunneling flight time, chemistry and special relativity, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 8, 4017-4022 (2017).
- J. Petersen and E. Pollak, Quantum Coherence in the Reflection of Above Barrier Wavepackets, J. Chem. Phys. 148, 074111 (2018).
- J. Petersen and E. Pollak, Instantaneous Tunneling Flight Time for Wavepacket Transmission Through Asymmetric Barriers, J. Phys. Chem. A 122, pp 3563 - 3571 (2018).
- E. Pollak and S. Miret-Artés, Time averaging of weak values - consequences for time-energy and coordinate-momentum uncertainty, New J. Phys., 10.1088/1367-2630/aad020, (2018).
- E. Pollak and S. Miret Artés, Uncertainty relations for time averaged weak values, Phys. Rev. A. 99, 012108 (2019).
- E. Pollak, An improved lower bound to the ground state energy, preprint, submitted to J. Chem. Theor. Comp..