We are pursuing sereval research efforts under this topic. The first the use of coherent nonlinear imaging as a spectroscopic tool for elucidating the properties of organic and inorganic nanocrystals and nanostructures.
A second effort is aimed at utilizing spatiotemporal control of optical fields, and the phenomenon of temporal focusing to spatially control widefield multiphoton excitation patterns. We have recently utilized this to perform photoactivation of a single neuron deep inside scattering tissue. Dan's Photonics West 'hot topic' talk on this subject is available using this link.
Last, we are working on developing new fiber-based light sources for multiphoton microscopy, on the development of new techniques for highly sensitive coherent Raman spectroscopy (especially in the low frequency regime) and on new endoscopy modalities using optical fibers and fiber bundles.
- L. Neeman, R. Ben-Zvi, K. Rechav, R. Popovitz-Biro, D. Oron, E. Joselevich, “Crystallographic mapping of guided nanowires by second-harmonic generation polarimetry”, Nano Lett. 17, 842 (2017).
- D. Kogan, S. Sivankutty, V. Tsvirkun, G. Bouwmans, E. R. Andresen, H. Rigneault, D. Oron, “Phase retrieval in multicore fiber bundles”, Opt. Lett. 42, 647 (2017).
- D. Raanan, L. Ren, D. Oron, Y. Silberberg, “Impulsive Raman Spectroscopy via Precision Measurement of Frequency Shift With Low Energy Excitation”, Opt. Lett. 43, 470 (2018).
- J. Yallapragada, H. Rigneault, D. Oron, “Spectrally narrow features in a supercontinuum generated by shaped pulse trains”, Opt. Express 26, 5694 (2018).
- L. Ren, I. Hurwitz, D. Raanan, P. Oulevey, D. Oron, Y. Silberberg, “Terahertz coherent anti-Stokes Raman microscopy”, Optica 6, 52 (2019).
- L. Ren, M. Asher, O. Yaffe, Y. Silberberg, D. Oron, "Simplified approach to low-frequency coherent anti-Stokes Raman spectroscopy using a sharp spectral edge filter", Opt. Lett. 44, 3637 (2019).
- D. Raanan, X. Audier, S. Shivkumar, M. Asher, M. Menahem, O. Yaffe, N. Forget, H. Rigneault, D. Oron, “Sub-second hyper-spectral low-frequency vibrational imaging via impulsive Raman excitation”, Optics Letters 44, 5153 (2019).
- L. Ren, D. Raanan, I. Hurwitz, D. Oron, “High-speed low-frequency chirped coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy using an ultra-steep long-pass filter”, Optics Express 24, 35993 (2019).