ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
January 31st, 2020
- Noa Barak-Gavish
- Daniella Gat
- Elisa Korenblum
- Keren Yanuka-Golub
Weizmann Institute of Science
Due to the present situation with COVID-19 (corona virus) the conference has been postponed to JANUARY 6-7,2021
(SAVE THE DATE!)
“It’s clear to me that if you wiped all multicellular life-forms off the face of the Earth, microbial life might shift a tiny bit, if microbial life were to disappear, that would be it - instant death for the planet.”
Microbial metabolism and interactions support all life forms on Earth. A holistic view of the ecology of microorganisms in different environmental realms is essential to create a path for a sustainable future. In this meeting we will discuss fundamental aspects of microbial life in nature and ways to develop potential solutions for environmental problems.
For this aim, we invited a repertoire of great scientists from diverse fields of microbial ecology to get a wide perspective of microbial life. Moreover, representatives from the Israel Society of Ecology and Environmental Sciences (ISEES) will participate and shed light on the process of science-based environmental decision-making in Israel.
Join us for this unique gathering of the vibrant microbial ecology research
community in Israel!
- Microbial Interactions in laboratory and natural environments
- Microbial metabolism and cell biology shaping interactions
- Host-microbe interactions
- Chemical communication
- Diversity, dynamics and succession of microbial communities
- Harnessing microbes for environmental remediation and sustainable energy production
- Microbial ecology in extreme environments
- Life styles, adaptation and evolution in changing environments