Ph.D. in Physics
Department of Condensed Matter Physics
Weizmann Institute for Science
Research group: http://www.weizmann.ac.il/condmat/gefen_group.html
- Obtained a B.Sc in Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem (Israel) in 2004.
- Worked for one year in Vocaltec as a software engineer.
- Obtained a M.Sc in Physics at the Basel University (Switzerland) in 2007.
- Obtained a Ph.D. in Physics at the Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel) in 2013.
- Currently a postdoc at the Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel).
Click here for a short CV.
I have worked in different research groups in 2006 (Computational Physics, Experimental Molecular Electronics). In 2007 I have written my M.Sc. thesis in the group of Daniel Loss on the study of multi-particle qubits. In 2012 I have written my Ph.D. thesis in the group of Yuval Gefen on weak measurements in solid state physics.
My research interests are:
- Topological phases of quasicrystals.
- Implementations of weak measurements and the Weak Value protocol in condensed matter systems.
- Statistics of quasi-particles in fractional quantum Hall systems and their transport between 1D chiral edge states.
- Quantum computation using quantum dots
In 2008, I co-founded the Condensed Matter Physics Journal Club.