Copying printing & scanning
Coin and card-operated machines can be found at the Goldschleger Life Sciences & Chemistry Library (A4, short quarto size paper). The machine can be used to copy, scan or print library material and can read credit cards or magnetic cards purchased through the Institute. For quality reprints in color, contact the Institute's Graphic Design Department.
If you have a departmental budget you can order photocopies or PDF files of articles from our own Library collections or from other Israeli university library collections by filling in the appropriate form. You will be charged for this service.
Using the Machines
- The cost per page is NIS 0.30. The machines accept all coins but do not give change.
- Magnetic cards for copying can be purchased at the Central Library Office (Weitz building, room 5). Cash and checks are acceptable.
- Institute staff and students with valid budget accounts can order a photocopy magnetic card via Internal Services (choose Photocopy Cards as the service).
- Cards containing 100, 250, and 500 units can be picked up at the Central Library Office or at the Goldschleger Life Sciences & Chemistry Library. Cards containing 50 units can be picked up only at the Central Library Office.
- Empty cards can be recharged via Internal Services. Don't forget to bring your charged order.
Copyright Law governs the making of photocopies and other reproductions of copyright material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a copy or other reproduction. One of those conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research. If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or other reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use", that user may be liable for copyright infringement. The Institute reserves the right to refuse to accept an order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of the copyright.