- Octahedral cuprous oxide nanocrystals supported on glass.
- Au nanoisland film sputtered with Cr.
- Octahedral cuprous oxide crystals on a thin continuous film.
- Colloidal Au nanoparticles self-assembled on the surface of Au nanoislands.
The Functional Nanomaterials group, headed by Prof. Israel Rubinstein, focuses its research
in the general area of nanochemistry, namely the preparation, study and applications of novel
architectures controlled on the nanometer scale. This includes:
- Development of nanostructured materials using self-assembly schemes
- Nanostructured metal and metal oxide films
- Localized plasmon transducers for sensing applications
The objective is to develop new approaches to the construction of nanomaterials, as well as
applications of the newly developed nanostructures.