B.Sc (Geology and Chemistry - 1979)
M.Sc (Chemical Oceanography - 1981)
Ph.D (isotope Geochemistry - 1986) From The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Since 1989 – Weizmann Institute of Science – Full Professor.
2014 - Head, The De Botton Center for Marine Science, Weizmann Institute of Science
1998 - 2003 - Head, The Sussman Family Center for Environmental Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science.
1997 - 2003 - Head, Department of Environmental Sciences and Energy research, Weizmann Institute of Science.
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee Marine Spatial Policy Plan for Israel’s territorial Waters and Exclusive Economic Zone of the Mediterranean Sea (Since 2014).
- Member of the Faculty of Chemistry Promotion Committee (Since 2013).
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Mediterranean Sea Research Center of Israel (Since 2012).
- Editor – Biogeosciences, Journal of the European Geosciences Union (since 2009).
Stable isotope geochemistry, climate change, biogenic opal oxygen isotopes, Mediterranean climate change records, vermetid stable isotopes, high and low latitude siliceous sediment, continental paleoclimate retrieved from biogenic opal, Southern Ocean paleo-productivity, meltwater isotope signals, coral calcification and isotope signal buildup, ocean acidification, deep-sea biogenic opal maturation to chert, autonomous underwater vehicle in the Mediterranean.
- Summer 2018 | Visiting Scientist, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Sept-Oct 2017 | Visiting Professor, Tongi University, Shanghai, China
- Apr-May 2016 | Visiting Scientist, Otago University, New-Zealand
- Summer 2010 | Visiting Scientist, Museum of Natural History, Paris
- Summer 2008 | Visiting Scientist, Museum of Natural History, Paris
- Summer 2007 | Visiting Scientist, Museum of Natural History, Paris
- Summer 2006 | Visiting Scholar, James Cook University, Australia
- Summer 2004 | Visiting Scientist, Cambridge University, UK.
- Summer 2002 | Visiting Scientist, University of Bordeaux, France.
- Summer, 1997 | Visiting Scientist, Stockholm University, Sweden. NFR fellowship.
- Summer, 1995 | Visiting Scientist, The Climate Center of Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University, NY.