Prof. Yinon Rudich
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Weizmann Institute, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Tel: +972 8 934 4237, Fax: +972 8 934 4124, e-mail: Yinon.firstname.lastname@example.org
1989 - 1994 Ph.D. (Honors, Chemical Physics)- Feinberg Graduate School, Weizmann Institute. Recipient of the Feinberg Graduate School Kennedy Prize.
1987 - 1989 M.Sc. (Chemistry) - Feinberg Graduate School, Weizmann Institute.
1984 - 1987 B.Sc. (Honors, Biophysical Chemistry) - Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel.
2019 - present Dean, Faculty of Chemistry, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
2016 - 2019 Head, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
2008 - present Professor, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
2002 - 2008 Associate Professor, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
1997 - 2002 Senior Researcher, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
1994 - 1996 National Research Council (NRC) Research Associate in the Atmospheric Chemical Kinetics group, Aeronomy Laboratory, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, 2017.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, UK, 2017.
- Distinguished Scholar, Peking University, Beijing 2017.
- Henri Gutwirth Prize, Technion, Israel, 2016.
- Mercator Fellow, German Research Foundation (DFG), 2015-2018.
- Guest Professorship, ETH Zurich, Institute for Atmospheric and Climate Sciences, 2014.
- Helen and Martin Kimmel Award for Innovative Investigation, Weizmann Institute 2008.
- York University (UK) distinguished visitor award, 2007.
- Benjamin Meaker, Visiting Professorship, Bristol University UK 2008.
- Environmental Research Letters (ERL) - best article published in 2006-2007.
- Sir Charles Clore Prize, Weizmann Institute (1997).
- National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship (1994-1997)
- Kennedy Award - Feinberg Graduate School (1994).
- Optical properties of aerosols.
- Health and climatic effects of pollution and bio-aerosols.
- Atmospheric chemistry and microphysics of aerosols.
- Ice nucleation.
- Heterogeneous atmospheric chemistry
- Global and regional aspects of air pollution.
- Aerosol-climate interactions and their global climatic effects.
- Satellite observations of atmospheric and climatic processes.
- Ocean-atmosphere interactions.
Editorships of Professional Journals:
- Editor, Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres, American Geophysical Union, 2006-2013.
- Editor (invited), Chemical Reviews special issue on Atmospheric Chemistry and Climate, 2015.
- Editor, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Festschrift Issue for R. Naaman (2013).
- Editor (invited), Journal of Physical Chemistry A, Festschrift Issue for A.R. Ravishankara (2010).
- Associate Editor, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, European Geophysical Union, since 2004-2018.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres, American Geophysical Union, 2000 - 2005, 2013-2018.
- Guest Editor (invited), Annual Reviews of Physical Chemistry (Volume 54, 2003).
- Member, Advisory Panel, Atmospheric Chemistry Observations and Modeling (ACOM) Laboratory, National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), Boulder, CO (2019-2021).
- Member, Advisory Board, Israel - IIASA collaboration.
- Member, ERC Advanced Grants committee (2015,2017,2019)
- Member, Transnational Access (TNA) user selection panel EuroChamp2020 (2017-2022).
- Member, Scientific Advisory Board, Max Planck Institute for Chemistry (2014-2020).
- Member, Committee for the recruitment of new Faculty members, Open University, Israel (2017).
- Member, Blue Ribbon Committee, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO (2017).
- Member, 2018 International Aerosol Conference (IAC) Technical Program Committee.
- Member, Review panel large infrastructures, German Council of Science and Humanities, Germany (2016).
- Chair, Review Board, Israel Science Foundation, Israel (2016).
- Chair, Telluride workshop on organic aerosols, Colorado (2016)
- Member, German Israeli Bi-national Science Foundation and USA-Israel Bi-national Science Foundation, Review Board (2015, 2019).
- Scientific Advisory Board, SPARTAN: A Global Network to Evaluate and Enhance Satellite-Based Estimates of Ground-Level Aerosol for Global Health Application, From June 2014.
- International Scientific Steering Committee (elected), International Geodesy for Atmospheric Chemistry (IGAC), 2011-2015.
- Chair (invited), Scientific Program Committee, IGAC/iCACGP-2014 conference, Natal, Brazil.
- Co-Chair (invited), Theme 15 "Aerosol, sources, sinks and impacts", Goldschmidt Conference, Florence 2013.
- Co-chair (elected), Gordon research Conference on Atmospheric Chemistry, 2013.
- Vice chair (elected), Gordon research Conference on Atmospheric Chemistry, 2011.
- President (elected), Israeli Association for Aerosol Research, 2004-2006.
- Scientific Advisor for the European Commission, Evaluator of the EUROCHAMP (May 2007), EUSAAR (October 2008), IMECC (2009).
- Scientific Evaluation Committee, Young Investigators, Research Center Jülich (Germany), 2009.
- Steering Committee Member, European Science Foundation (ESF) project on interdisciplinary tropospheric research - INTROP (2004-2008).
- Co-Chair (invited), Theme 11 "Aerosol, sources, sinks and impacts", Goldschmidt Conference, Davos 2009.
- Chair, International Workshop on Global Dimming and Brightening - a research workshop of the Israel Science Foundation. (2008).
- Co-Chair, INTROP/ACCENT/SPARC workshop on “Atmospheric routes of organics oxidation”, Alpe d’Huez, France, January 2006.
- Co-Chair, The 2nd Gentner symposium on Geosciences - a Minerva symposium Research Workshop on the Interactions among Chemistry, Physics and Dynamics in the Troposphere - Nazareth, Israel. October 1999. With Prof. A. Wahner, Research Center, Jülich (Germany).
- Co-Chair, Joint Turkish-Israeli workshop on "Deposition of Aerosols and Gases in the Eastern Mediterranean" - January 2002, Israel.
- Review Panels, Israel Science Foundation (2005,2009), European Science Foundation (ESF) program (2004-2008), European Community review panels (2007, 2010), German Israeli Foundation (GIF) (2013, 2014), Finnish Academy of Sciences (2014).