Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 12.x is our recommended antivirus and End-Point protection solution, replacing all previous versions of SAV (Symantec Antivirus) and ESET Antivirus.
To protect the Weizmann Institute's network against viruses and other malicious programs, all personal computers must have at least SEP version 12 installed and configured for automatic updates.Upgrading is mandatory, as older versions are unable to protect against current threats.
Windows and Macintosh Users
Installing the Antivirus
- Access http://gname.weizmann.ac.il/antivirus via your browser
- Select your department/faculty in the drop down department list box, then click Download and Install SEP Package. The installation package will be downloaded to your computer
- Once the download is complete, double-click the installation file
- Follow the instructions provided to complete installation
- While not forced, a restart is required to assure that the new antivirus be fully operational
For further assistance with installation, open a support ticket via the IT Service Desk, call the Service Desk at extension 4444, or consult with your departmental computing representative.