Biology Lab manager
Evogene is seeking for an experienced manager to the Molecular/ biochemical lab. The candidate should be a talented and independent researcher highly experienced in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry. The position includes responsibility on development of innovative and updated scientific methodologies and lab procedures from various fields (Mostly in plants) as well as executing the ongoing R&D activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Manage the activities of the molecular/ biochemical lab start to end.
• Lead a team of several employees (from technicians to PhD level) to execute the research activities. Recruit, mentor and supervise the employees.
• Budget planning and managing, Gantt and deliveries management.
• Work in a matrix organization structure- support Evogene’s and Evogene’s subsidiaries’ research activities. Coordinate laboratory activities with other R&D units and accomplish tasks on schedule and according to SOPs.
• Among the molecular biology-based projects are complexed cloning projects, Genome editing tools design and related experiments design (mostly in plants), constructions of NGS libraries (including implementation of new sequencing platforms in the lab), qRT-PCR based methods implementation.
• In the field of Biochemistry: HTP protein expression in various bacterial systems, Protein purification from plants and bacteria and establishment of unique in-vitro enzymatic assays.
• Provide work plans to interface with projects milestones and timelines
• Implement methodic recording and reporting of results
Requirements & skills:
Required Academic Education:
• PhD in Biology specialized in Molecular biology and Biochemistry – must.
• Background in Plant Biology - advantage
• English – high level (oral and written).
Additional Requirements/ skills:
• Previous work experience of 3-5 years in a biotech company, leading lab projects independently from design to results in a dynamic environment – must.
• Previous management roles in the industry of 3-5 years managing a team of 4-6 employees- must.
• Highly responsible, well-organized and multitasking, Hands-on worker if required.
• Ability to present projects to a diverse audience. Reliability, Excellent communication and team work skills, ability to work under pressure, high tolerance to changes in work plan are required. • Experience with HTP work and automation implementation- advantage