Pyxis, a new start-up in the field of immune-oncology diagnostics, is hiring a bioinformatician / biological network-analyst
As the bioinformatics leader in Pyxis, you will drive the innovation of bioinformatics and genomics for our immune-oncology research products. The required leader will have an advanced degree (PhD) in bioinformatics, genomics, computational biology or biological, or network, modeling, preferably with more than 2 years of experience in industrial biotechnology or industrial life science R&D. The position requires innovative thinking, leadership skills, the ability to work independently as well as knowledge of bioinformatics, genomics, transcriptomics, systems biology, data integration, modeling and computational sciences. Prior experience with analysis of RNA-Seq, biological network analysis and/or computational immunology is an advantage.
Most of the work will be done in Jerusalem with 1 day a week in Tel-Aviv
- Hands on design and development of bioinformatics in our immune-oncology research
- Provide research subject matter expertise in prototyping new bioinformatics tools
- Lead the interpretation, analysis and integration of genomics, transcriptomics, and other complex clinical datasets for product discovery and research
- Champion, prioritize and coordinate bioinformatics research programs and strategy across diverse scientific backgrounds
- Take an active part in the company’s R&D decision making processes
- Provide technical knowledge to scout and evaluate new opportunities in bioinformatics and be the in-house expert on competitors’ activities in this area
- Communicate research plans and bioinformatic progress to business stakeholders, project leaders, research managers and technical partners.
- In the future – build and manage a bioinformatics group; create and administer individual development plans and activities within the organization framework
Contact: Dr Ilan Volovitz (CSO – Pyxis): firstname.lastname@example.org