Location: Science park, Ness Ziona.
Emendo is developing a transformative gene editing technology to cure sever genetic diseases. We are looking for a motivated PhD level Scientist to join our Nuclease Engineering team. If you seek a meaningful Job, working with great colleagues using cutting edge science – this might be your opportunity.
The successful candidate will take a central part in our efforts to develop and apply new strategies for engineering and characterizing CRISPR Nucleases and will work with our project teams to develop highly specific genome engineering reagents for the treatment of human diseases. The position requires adaptability, creativity, and capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals. The environment is exciting, fast-paced and offers the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of cellular engineering research.
- Design, conduct and support experiments, applying protein engineering and directed evolution methods.
- Develop and apply nuclease activity and specificity assays across platforms.
- Quickly implement new technological improvements.
- Mentor and supervise junior colleagues as required.
- Maintain expertise in the field by staying current to relevant literature.
- Prepare documents and present project updates, results, and strategies.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Cell biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline.
- Knowledge in protein engineering and directed evolution methods, Biochemical assay development, libraries construction and recombinant protein expression and purification -highly desired.
- Strong technical background with standard laboratory methods, including cloning, PCR and DNA sequence and data analysis software.
- Ability to think creatively and independently and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage projects with internal and external collaborators.
- Very organized and diligent in experimental design, execution, and reporting.
To apply send CV to email@example.com , please refer to the title of the position in your application.