Quantum optics methods have been employed to discover novel, powerful mechanisms for:
- atom-atom and
- photon-photon interactions and entangelment.
- Translational-internal entanglement in a single particle has been studied.
Long-range bath-induced dispersive interactions
The key to bath induced entanglement (BIE) is virtual quanta exchange via the bath (see topic "Quantumness control in Open Systems")
In free space the mode functions of the photonic bath are 3d plane waves, giving rise to real and virtual quanta exchange which both decay with interatomic separations r and correspond to Dicke-like cooperative emission/absorption and to cooperative Lamb shifts (i.e. resonant dipole–dipole interaction—RDDI), respectively. Whereas for interatomic separations r longer than the resonant atomic wavelength the real- and virtual-photon processes are comparable (scaling as 1/r), in the near-field zone, i.e. for small r, the RDDI retains the familiar dipole-dipole scaling as 1/r3 and can greatly exceed cooperative decay. Therefore, only in the near-field zone can free-space RDDI lead to predominantly deterministic BIE. In contrast, RDDI-induced entanglement is never deterministic at separations beyond the emission wavelength, where incoherent absorption and emission render it probabilistic.
- Shahmoon, E; Mazets, I; Kurizki, G (2014). Non-Additivity in Laser-Illuminated Many-Atom Systems. Optics Letters. 39:3674-3677
- Shahmoon, E; Kurizki, G (2014). Nonlinear Theory of Laser-Induced Dipolar Interactions in Arbitrary Geometry. Physical Review A. 89
- Shahmoon, E; Mazets, I; Kurizki, G (2014). Giant Vacuum Forces Via Transmission Lines. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 111:10485-10490
- Shahmoon, E; Kurizki, G (2013). Dispersion Forces Inside Metallic Waveguides. Physical Review A. 87
- Shahmoon, E; Kurizki, G (2013). Nonradiative Interaction and Entanglement Between Distant Atoms. Physical Review A. 87
- Gordon, G; Mazets, Ie; Kurizki, G (2013). Quantum Particle Localization by Frequent Coherent Monitoring. Physical Review A. 87
- Bar-Gill, N; Gross, C; Mazets, I; Oberthaler, M; Kurizki, G (2011). Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Correlations of Ultracold Atomic Gases. Physical Review Letters. 10
- Bar-Gill, N; Rao, Ddb; Kurizki, G (2011). Creating Nonclassical States of Bose-Einstein Condensates by Dephasing Collisions. Physical Review Letters. 107
- Shahmoon, E; Kurizki, G; Fleischhauer, M; Petrosyan, D (2011). Strongly Interacting Photons in Hollow-Core Waveguides. Physical Review A. 83
- Gross, C; Strobel, H; Nicklas, E; Zibold, T; Bar-Gill, N; Kurizki, G; Oberthaler, Mk (2011). Atomic Homodyne Detection of Continuous-Variable Entangled Twin-Atom States. Nature. 480:219-223
- Rao, Ddb; Bar-Gill, N; Kurizki, G (2011). Generation of Macroscopic Superpositions of Quantum States by Linear Coupling to a Bath. Physical Review Letters. 106
- Khodorkovsky, Y; Kurizki, G; Vardi, A (2008). Bosonic Amplification of Noise-Induced Suppression of Phase Diffusion. Physical Review Letters. 100