Join us to celebrate and get inspired by the creative and barrier-crossing research career of Prof. David Cahen on the festive occasion of his 70th birthday.
The meeting’s theme is the question that has driven David Cahen’s research: Can we reveal and control the fundamental relations between the chemical nature of a given material (its composition and structure) to its electronic and optical properties? And can we exploit this understanding to make efficient and cost-effective electronic materials?
Cutting edge issues of smart materials and nanotechnology will be discussed. Among them are:
- Novel materials for solar cells (photovoltaics): organic, inorganic, and hybrids
- Molecular electronics and spintronics
- Thin films, 2D materials and other low-dimensionality materials.
- Surface phenomena and energy alignment at interfaces
- Optically-active materials
- Electro-optical properties of bio-molecules in general and proteins in particular.
Poster presentations will be a central part of the meeting; all participants are invited to