In a continuous effort to make our campus more family friendly, we offer a special subsidy to assist students and postdocs with nursery school costs. Students and postdocs who are parents of children in the age range of 6 to 36 months, will receive an addition of NIS 370 to their fellowship.
- Israeli and international full-time students and postdocs with children in the age range of 6 to 36 months.
- The new allocation is not paid while a student/postdoc is on leave without pay.
- Eligibility begins either from the 27th week following the birth of the child, or as soon as the student is back from a maternity leave and resumes full-time dedication to studies and research (the earlier of the two)
- Eligibility ends as at the end of the month in which the child turns three, or, as soon as the fellowship payment is terminated.
- If both parents are FGS students and/or WIS postdocs, the eligibility remains with the parent who’s on maternity leave. In any event, there will be no double allocation per one child.
Students and postdocs must update the FGS and HR respectively on the birth of a child as soon as it happens. Please note that this allocation WILL NOT be awarded retroactively under any circumstances. When students update the FGS, and postdocs update the HR they must submit the child’s birth certificate or another official document that shows proof of parenthood.