Weizmann Institute Archives
Sunday - Thursday | 08:00-16:30
Please complete the following form in order to send a request to the Archive:
Weizmann Institute Archive Request Form
The Weizmann Institute of Science Archive was founded in 1973 for the purpose of preserving the history of the Institute and its contribution to science, education and culture.
The Archive documents the history of the Institute and provides an important service to Institute visitors and historians of science. In recent years, there has been a steady increase in the number of requests for service. Between 2012 and 2014 alone, there was a 200% increase. In the last 3 years, the Archive has received an average of 230 requests per year, which translates into 26 requests per month.
- Preserve archival material
- Analyze and provide access to the material and properly maintain the archived materials
- Assist internal and external users in locating the material they need
The Archive includes:
- A core collection comprised of administrative office records including the President's Office, the Office of the Director of Scientific Affairs, and scientific departments
- Publications of the Institute including annual reports, press releases, symposium summaries and more
- Media including videos, voice recordings, thousands of pictures of buildings, laboratories, etc.
Some collections now searchable via Primo OneSearch: Weizmann History Collections
We will be happy to hear of your user experience: Weizmann History Collections Survey