The Weizmann Institute of Science invites talented candidates to apply, and to join the team that will be laying the groundwork for the game-changing AI innovations of tomorrow. We are now accepting applications from qualified candidates:
Senior software engineers/programmers with academic training and high level industry experience.
- PhD-level experts (including postdocs) in
- Computer vision/sensing
- Machine learning
- Data Science
Research Software Engineer
The new AI Center at the Weizmann Institute of Science is recruiting outstanding software engineers with significant hands-on experience in AI technologies.
Building on its existing leadership in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Neurobiology, Data Science, and Robotics, this flagship initiative will establish the Weizmann Institute as a leading center for academic AI research, where integrative discovery will drive game-changing advances.
Research Engineers in the AI center team, work and collaborate closely with research scientists, professors and students. AI center team members have the flexibility to switch projects as the research focus shifts and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate about managing new problems.
Research Engineers work on a diverse and stimulating range of projects including: developing algorithms, providing software design and programming support to research projects, along with ‘architecting’ and implementing software libraries.
The Weizmann Institute of Science invites talented candidates to apply, and to join the team that, together, will be addressing AI’s broadest and most significant questions.
- Participate in cutting-edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Provide software design and programming support to research projects
- Architect and implement software libraries
- Implement and evaluate algorithms
- Provide clear and well organized documentation of algorithm implementations and evaluation results
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, machine learning or equivalent
- At least 2 years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- Experience in machine learning
- Strong knowledge of algorithm design
- MSc/MEng in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, machine learning or equivalent
- Exposure to industry or academic research.
- Exposure to Deep Learning, Neural Networks, or related fields and a strong interest and desire to learn about them.
- Experience in Computer Vision or Computer Graphics
- Experience with GPU programming and ML frameworks (e.g. Tensor-flow, PyTorch)
- Experience with multi-threaded design and parallel/distributed computing
- Experience with Linux or Unix scripting
- Contributions to open source projects
To apply for an interview, or further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org