Exporting rodents from Weizmann to domestic or international institutions
The export process:
- Complete an export request form online through: Internal Services > Animal Export.
The export/transport application form should be completed at least a week in advance (larger transports may take more time).
Detailed ordering instructions are provided in a short tutorial, demonstrating how to fill-in and submit a request for Animal Import/Export.
- An automatic email will be sent with description of the WIS colony and eighteen months of Health Reports from the WIS facility.
- The cages will be tagged for export by the investigator.
- Once the export approved, the Veterinary Resources office will coordinate the export/transport.
- Strains may be exported as live animals or frozen sperm or embryos. Frozen embryos are shipped in a liquid nitrogen dry shipper. Frozen sperm may be shipped in a dry shipper or on dry ice. Fresh blastocyst stage embryos may also be exported for immediate embryo transfer upon receipt. This requires a high level of coordination in advance between the shipping and receiving facilities.
Note: RODENT MUST NEVER BE EXPORTED FROM WIS WITHOUT WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION FROM THE RECEIVING INSTITUTION.