The objective of this study is to better understand the state and severity of infection during pregnancy and its effect on fetal development and neonatal outcome. The goal is to provide answers for the following questions:
- Are asymoptomaic women infected with SARS-Cov-2 at high risk for delivery complications or fetal developmental disorders?
- Does the time of infection affect outcome?
- Is there vertical transmission for early pregnancy infection?
- Is there evidence for fetal/placenta pathology?
- Is ACE2 expressed by the placenta relevant for pregnancy outcome after infection?
Wolfson Medical Center/ TAU Dr. Michal Kovo
Hadassah Medical Center/ HUJ Dr. Simcha Yagel
Sourasky Medical Center/ TAU Dr. Ariel Many
Supported by a research grant from the ISF KillCorona Program
Supported by a research grant from the Fondazione Henry Krenter