My academic activities are in science and mathematics education in general, and computer science education in particular. Here are the topics I have worked on:
- Mathematical logic.
- Programming languages.
- History and philosophy of science.
- Program animation.
- Secondary-school mathematics.
My work has been recognized by ACM awards:
- ACM SIGCSE Award for Outstanding Contributions to Computer Science Education (2004)
- ACM Distinguished Educator (2009)
- ACM SIGAda Outstanding Ada Community Contribution Award (2013)
- ACM Karl V. Karlstrom Outstanding Educator Award (2019)
Open access books: