Our green line: Photosynthesis & Plant Engineering
- Structure, function & adaptability of photosynthetic machineries.
- Biogenesis and breakdown of the photosynthetic apparatus during leaf development and senescence.
- Structural, molecular and regulatory mechanisms of desiccation tolerance in resurrection plants.
- Engineering out toxins from drought-tolerant nutritious plants for human consumption.
Individuality and Evolvability in Microbial Communities
- What is the relationship between environmental dynamics and population variability and survivability?
- To what extent is the ability of individuals to survive deterministic/stochastic?
- What is the dynamics of the mapping between phenotypic and genotypic state space?
- Can individuals, or communities as a whole, acquire new adaptive functions following training by synthetic feedbacks?
Click here for past studies.