Research and Development
My long-term research and development work is structured around three main interrelated foci:
- The professional education and development of mathematics teachers
- Mathematics curriculum development and analysis
- The interplay of factors involved in shaping students' opportunities to learn mathematics
Current work includes:
- Examining opportunities for learning mathematics offered by mathematics textbooks.
- Developing a comprehensive junior-high school mathematics curriculum program.
- Experimenting how conventional connections among teachers, mathematicians and curriculum developers might be transformed into more productive ones.
- Investigating the interactions among curricula, teachers, and classes.
- The relevance of advanced mathematics studies to expertise in secondary school mathematics teaching.