Non tenure track
Intern and Senior Intern
There are two academic non-tenure track positions at the Weizmann Institute of Science (for academic tenure track - see here):
- Intern ("Mitmache") - a priori requirements for consideration for appointment to this position include:
- Holder of a PhD or equivalent degree which was awarded no more than nine years ago;
- Cumulative appointment at this rank may not exceed five years (inclusive of other appointments, if any, at the Institute following award of PhD) ; e.g. as a postdoc or senior postdoc.
- Minimal requested period of appointment at this position of six months.
- Senior Intern ("Mitmache Bachir") - a priori requirements for consideration for appointment to this position include:
- Holder of a PhD or equivalent degree with postdoctoral or other equivalent experience (e.g. Intern) of at least two years;
- Cumulative appointment at this rank may not exceed three years (inclusive of any appointment as a senior postdoc). In exceptional situations only, following the explicit and individual approval of the Vice President, the period of agreement may be extended beyond three (3) years for additional periods, provided that these cumulatively will not exceed two (2) additional years [overall five (5) years at the Senior Intern position]. An agreement for continued employment as a Senior Intern for a period which will cumulatively reach five (5) years will state that said agreement is terminal and final.
Appointments to an Intern or Senior Intern position at the Weizmann Institute involve a review of the applicant's file by the relevant Academic and Administrative entities. Generally an application for an Intern or Senior Intern position should be submitted at least one month ahead of the requested commencement date, via a member of the scientific personnel who might wish to offer you one of the above mentioned positions.
To search for a scientific personnel member who may be interested in your joining his/her research group you may consult:
- Listings of the research interests of scientific personnel members are available online in the Current Research Activities publication.
- Contact details of scientific personnel are available online in the Academic Staff Directory.
- Keyword Search for Institute Researchers: A specialty search engine has been designed which will return further to a Keyword(s) of your choice, a table of contact details for Weizmann Institute researchers' whose activities are relevant to provided search keyword(s). The contact details table returned is compiled further to an automatic search that scans the following available online sources: Current research activities entry; Publications; Research grants and projects information; Weizmann institute researchers homepages;
* Note: (1) Institute procedures require that any future request for appointment at the Institute, if and when submitted by a relevant Scientific Personnel member of the Institute, may be considered by the relevant academic entities only after at least 6 months have elapsed following end of appointment to a non-tenure track position. (2) Appointment as an intern or senior intern requires the recipient to be an Israeli national, permanent resident or holder of a valid work permit. To receive a work permit one must a priori appear in person in the Israeli consulate in one's country of residence (and the administrative procedure at the Israel Ministry of Interior leading to such a time usually takes around 6-8 weeks prior to the relevant date for receipt of visa approval at the consulate. Procedures are initiated upon submission by the Weizmann Institute of Science's scientific personnel member of the relevant request to the Academic Affairs Office for approval of an appointment of an Intern or Senior Intern).