Please read these guidelines carefully prior to completing the application form.
- The Visiting Professorships are available to suitable candidates from all countries. They are intended for outstanding scientists from institutions of higher learning and research institutions, who have achieved appropriate recognition in their fields of activity and who hold the rank of Full Professor (or an equivalent rank) in their home institutions.
- The Visiting Professorships are awarded for a period of from two months to a maximum of one year. The terms of the fellowship awarded are determined by the Institute and may include financial remuneration and/or round trip airfare (at the cheapest direct commercial fare) and/or rent free housing.
- Prior to application, candidates are required to establish contact with the prospective host. A letter of support from the prospective host must be enclosed with the application materials.
- All recipients are required to use the title "Michael Visiting Professor," "Meyerhoff Visiting Professor," "Varon Visiting Professor," "Belkin Visiting Professor," or "Weston Visiting Scholar" in all articles and publications resulting from research activities performed under those auspices.
- Upon termination of their stay at the Institute, recipients are requested to submit a short report on their activities as Visiting Professors at the Weizmann Institute.
- Completed applications must be received annually in Rehovot not later than December 31. The decisions of the Selections Committee will be announced prior to May 1, 2015. The Fellowship is tenable during the academic year 2015 - 2016 (October 1, 2015 - September 30, 2016). Applications should be submitted on forms supplied by the Academic Affairs Office and will be handled through that office.
All applications must be received annually no later than December 31.
Please submit the completed application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org