The Israel Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ISBMB) is a nonprofit scientific and educational organization established by Ephraim Katzir and Shlomo Hestrin in 1959.
The goals of the society are:
- Promoting research and teaching in the fields of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Biotechnology, and Molecular Genetics.
- Establishing professional interactions and exchange of information in the above fields, between scientists in Israel and abroad.
- Holding conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars, and exchange of information in these fields.
- Awarding scholarships, prizes and support to scientists, researchers, teachers and students in Israel and Israelis abroad in the fields of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Strengthening the connection between academia, medicine and industry in the above fields