Welcome to the Weizmann Institute Astro-particle Budnik group!
We are working on various aspects of experiments in Astro-particle physics. This field, which combines concepts of particle physics and astrophysics, uses the universe as a laboratory to measure phenomena that can reveal the nature of particles as well as the nature of the universe itself. There are many different ways of probing the universe beyond optical telescopes, and we are interested in some. Our group focuses on these aspects:
- Dark Matter detectors with the XENON project
- Future concepts for low mass Dark Matter detectors and coherent neutrino scattering
- The DARWIN future facility for Dark Matter detection with noble elements
- Future Cosmic Ray detectors
- Our work includes participation in the XENON project through hardware, control and analysis, and local experiments for the study of current and future detectors.