DNA mutagenesis is a powerful tool for manipulating target genes. DNA mutagenesis includes single or multiple residue modifications, as well as, insertion and deletion.
At the ISPC we perform diverse molecular manipulations using RF/TPCR (Erijman et al., Erijman, Shifman and Peleg):
- Generation of a single targeted mutation.
- Simultaneous generation of multiple targeted mutations at distinct positions.
- Generation of targeted and combinatorial libraries.
- Deletion of sequences from a plasmid.
- Simultaneous insertion and deletion.
Schematic presentation of DNA cloning by Transfer-PCR (TPCR).