Welcome to Box, a file storage workspace that enables you to collaborate and share information. This cloud-based file sharing and storage service can be accessed at Box.com via any device, including desktop computers, laptops, smartphones and tablets.
Box makes it easy to upload content, organize files, share file links and manage file and folder permissions. The service lets you collaborate with colleagues both within and outside the Institute anywhere, at any time and from any device. Box accounts provide you with unlimited storage.
Box enables you to:
- Collaborate and share content anywhere from a desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- Work together in teams and invite external collaborators, create secure shared workspaces, add comments, assign tasks and more (other Cloud vendors offer very limited collaboration capabilities by comparison)
- Stop worrying about lost content, with version history, trash recovery, full text search, auditing and monitoring capabilities, and with industry-leading HIPAA and SSAE 16 Type II encryption standards
- Synergize - approximately 100 universities in the U.S. and many more around the world are already Box customers, making it very easy for you to call your colleagues worldwide, and collaborate via a Box workspace
Weizmann Institute Box Service Features
The Weizmann Institute’s implementation of the Box service offers the following:
- Unlimited storage space per user. You may upload files up to 15 GBs in size
- Easy content upload, document organization, file link sharing, and file and folder permission management
- Seamless collaboration on documents with colleagues both within and outside the Institute, anywhere, at any time and from any device
- Complete file privacy (files are never shared, unless you choose to share them)
- File version history maintenance. 100 most recent prior file versions are accessible. Deleted files are kept in the Trash folder for an unlimited period of time, so as to allow you to recover deleted files and folders from your account
- Free official Box plug-ins and apps that integrate well with Microsoft Office (available for WIS users at Box.com)
- WIS global user ID and password login. Log in just as you do with many other WIS applications and services
Who Can Use Box?
Students, faculty and staff members with an active primary WIS user ID and a valid WIS e-mail address are eligible to use the Box service. Additionally, any WIS user can share files with others outside the Institute.
Upon termination of a user account, the user’s data is not automatically deleted. PIs will be able to gain access to this data via our HelpDesk.
How Much Does Box Cost?
Please refer to Computing Charges.
To access your Box account, visit http://weizmann.box.com and login via our authentication portal. The service is available to you anywhere and at any time, and you may also access it via various Box plug-ins and apps, such as Box Drive.
The Box Web Interface (weizmann.box.com) serves as your file permission management and workspace collaboration tool, with the Box Drive application handling online file synchronization on your desktop computer.
Download and install Box Drive (for Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.13 and higher) from https://www.box.com/resources/downloads.
To install the application on smartphones and tablets running iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android, visit your device’s native app store (Apple App Store or Google Play).
Web Login Procedure
To log into the service on the Web:
- Access weizmann.box.com on your browser and click Continue.
- Enter your Weizmann user ID and password to access the Box Web interface.
Box Drive Login
To log into Box via the Box Drive application:
- Enter your Weizmann e-mail address and click Next, following which the application will redirect you to a Weizmann login page.
- Enter your Weizmann user ID and password and click Log In.
Collaboration and Content Sharing
For information on how to collaborate and share content with colleagues, visit https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044195193-Collaborate-on-Files.
Usage Instructions for Linux Users
Box Drive is not available for Linux based systems. However, it is still possible to access Box cloud storage using the web interface.
I Already Have a Box Account. What Should I Do?
If your existing account is registered with an @weizmann.ac.il e-mail address, we will migrate your account to our formal enterprise account.
Should your existing account be registered with an external address (e.g. @gmail or @mit.edu), we will create a new account for you, and help you migrate your data.
In any case, please contact our HelpDesk at extension 4444 for further instructions.
Where to Get Help?
Please refer to the training reference materials below for detailed instructions and for additional help. You may also contact the HelpDesk at extension 4444, or open a support ticket.
Support is also available directly from Box via their Web site. Simply access https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to submit a support request, or use the Box support portal at https://support.box.com/hc/en-us.
See the following for further support information: