The Weizmann Institute of Science is committed to providing websites which are accessible to people with disabilities, thereby enabling everyone to access information on our websites easily.
The Institute's websites were created and/or updated according to the provisions of the Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Law, 5748-1998, and the delegated legislation stemming from it, and comply with the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, AA level.
Website accessibility features
Every page within a website includes an accessibility menu which offers the following options
- Changing displayed font size
- Changing color contrast
- Controlling animated content
- Navigating to the Accessibility Statement page
Navigation to various areas on the website
Once the page loads, you can navigate through the various sections of the page by clicking the TAB key on the keyboard.
- Skip to site’s main content
- Skip to the main menu
- Skip to the search field
List of accessibility features available on a website
- Picture Slideshow – pause, play and navigate between pictures
- Photo Gallery – navigate between next and previous pictures and close the window
- Links – use the TAB key to move between links, Opening new tabs/windows Links include this information to notify the user
- Screen readers – Works according to ARIA rules
- Images – include Alternative text describing what is in the picture
- Compatible with NVDA screen reader software
Accessibility restrictions and accessibility inquiries
The Weizmann Institute does its utmost to make the content of all webistes fully accessible. However, since many of the websites linked from Weizmann Institute websites are operated and physically maintained by entities other than the Institute’s Division of Information Systems, the Institute cannot ensure that these entities fully comply with the provisions of any law.
If you encounter any issues of non-compliance with Accessibility regulations on any Weizmann Institute website, please contact our accessibility coordinator
Dr. Stavit Cochva
Telephone: + 972-8-9343451
Fax: + 972-8-9344120
Accessibility statement date: 10/2022