Expansion Order for the Employment of People with Disabilities, November 2014
The expansion order requires the employer to:
- Ensure that 3% of all Institute employees (employer-employee ratio) are people with disabilities.
- Appoint a supervisor for employees with disabilities at the Institute. Orit Viterbo, head of Social Work Services, was appointed.
Definition of a person with disabilities:
“A person with a physical, mental or intellectual, including cognitive, disability, whether permanent or temporary, whose function is substantially limited in one or more of the main areas of daily life due to the disability.”
Role of the supervisor for the employment of people with disabilities:
- To lead the process to promote the employment of people with disabilities in the organization.
- To guide the organization to implement and supervise the process.
- To be the organization’s expert on the subject.
- To be familiar with the tools and services on the subject.
- To be the organization’s resources for related inquiries.
- To oversee the employment recruitment process for people with disabilities.
- To guide the integration of employees with disabilities in the organization.