- Professor Michal Schwartz has been selected as one of “a few of the incredible women behind some of the most important scientific discoveries of our age” by Mayim Bialik’s Breakdown website.
Guardians of the brain: how a special immune system protects our grey matter. Nature 606, 22-24 (2022).
TV Show about Prof. Michal Schwartz in Channel Kan1. November, 2022
- Professor Michal Schwartz (Israel) has been awarded with the FENS EJN Award 2022 for her outstanding career in the area of neuroimmunology.
From i24NEWS - an international channel bringing news and stories: Israeli-made Alzheimer’s drug heads to clinical trials.
The Jerusalem Post, September 10, 2020.
NoCamels, October 6, 2020.
Award honors outstanding achievement in brain immunology
and impact on aging and dementia
EMET Prize, The Jerusalem post, September 2019.
2019 EMET Prize winners honored
Dr. Javier María Peralta Ramos and Dr. Denise Kviatcovsky, working side by side on their postdocs, this couple feels right at home at Weizmann.
Interview with Prof. Michal Schwartz by Phoenix TV
Hong Kong, 10 September, 2019.
“A New Breakthrough in Overcoming Alzheimer's”
- Boosting Immunity to Combat Alzheimer's Disease
By Prof. Michal Schwartz
July 3, 2018
Searching for Alzheimer’s disease therapies
Q&A, Nature Medicine volume 24, pages 894–897, 2018
July 9, 2018
Popular Lecture in Hebrew by Prof. Michal Schwartz
December, 4, 2018
Rappaport bio-medical award 2017.
March 19, 2017
- Haaretz/TheMarker interview
April 16, 2017
- The European Research council (ERC) celebrates 10 years of research
Can a booster-shot stop Alzheimer’s? by Prof. Michal Schwartz
Prof. Michal Schwartz in Channel 22- Hebrew
June 22, 2017
- The following items about Prof. Michal Schwartz who was chosen Woman of the Year by LADY GLOBES for her groundbreaking research on Alzheimer's Disease (in English).
September 18, 2017
- An interview by Ayala Hasson on Israel radio 103FM (in Hebrew)
- An interview by Razi Barkai on Israel radio GALEI ZAHAL (in Hebrew)
- An interview by by Dan Margalit in Channel 23 (in Hebrew)
The immune system is needed for repair and lifelong maintenance of the brain
October 21, 2016: Prof. Michal Schwartz interview for AR Magazine.
The vital link between your immune system and brain health
March 4, 2016: Prof. Michal Schwartz interview for Maclean’s, Canada.
Video synopsis - Inbal Benhar, Michal Schwartz & colleagues
Benhar I, Reemst K, Kalchenko V, Schwartz M. 2016. The retinal pigment epithelium as a gateway for monocyte trafficking into the eye. EMBO J 35: 1219-35
Channel 10 television show interview (Hebrew)
December 9, 2015: Prof. Michal Schwartz disscusses recent lab findings.
2015 Katzir lecture (Hebrew)
November 12, 2015: Prof. Michal Schwartz lecture to high-school students audience (lecture is in hebrew) on the topic of harnessing the immune system for brain repair in Alzheimer's disease and aging.
- Blumberg Outstanding Medical Research Scientist Prize awarded to Professor Michal Schwartz
November 3, 2015: KKL-JNF awarded the Blumberg Outstanding Medical Research Scientist Prize to Professor Michal Schwartz for her groundbreaking research on the connection between the brain and the immune system.
Is this the Secret to a Young, Healthy Brain?
October 8, 2015: Emma Haak interviews Prof. Michal Schwartz regarding her book, “Neuroimmunity: A New Science That Will Revolutionize How We Keep Our Brains Healthy and Young”.
Choroid plexus dysfunction in brain aging
Januar 5, 2015: Dr. Dennis Steindler and Dr. Simin Meydani discuss our publication "Aging-induced type I interferon response at the choroid plexus negatively affects brain function".
Can we restore cognition by manipulating where the body meets the mind?
October 14, 2014: Dr. Kuti Baruch, Aleksandra Deczkowska, and Prof. Michal Schwartz try to tackle this question in The Conversation.
Breaking the wall between the body and the mind.
November 9 2013: Prof. Michal Schwartz lecture at Falling Walls 2013 conference. How neuroimmunology develops new strategies against brain aging and degeneration.
The immune system and the brain
August 16 2010: Prof. Michal Schwartz lecture at The Australian National University. This lecture was part of the John Curtin School of Medical Research Symposium in New Perspectives in Clinical Neuroscience and Mental Health.