Payments and Registration
Who is the kindergarten for?
The kindergarten is intended for children where at least one parent is a scientist/student/post-doctoral student/intern/employee from the technical administrative sector. Additional exceptions will be considered per case by the Exceptions Committee, with full transparency.
Criteria to determine priority ruling:
- 50% - scientists
- 35% - students
- 15% - technical administrative sector
In each sector, priority is given to women
- Setting quotas is reviewed every two years
- In any case of graduation and/or termination of employment of a parent for any reason at the Weizmann Institute, the Institute reserves the right to terminate the child's residence at the Early Childhood Education Center, and the parent must transfer their child to another educational center, per individual case.
- If more children than the number of places allocated to the sector, register, a lottery will be held amongst the children who meet the same criteria.
- Exceptions will be reviewed individually by the Early Childhood Education Center Exceptions Committee
The Institute is recognized by the Ministry of Labor for the Siem kindergarten, which allows eligible parents (up to age 3) in accordance with defined criteria of the Ministry of Labor, to receive a monthly subsidy from the Ministry.
Kindergarten classes in the Anikster preschool are eligible for partial subsidies from the Rehovot Municipality, in accordance with the Compulsory Education Law from the age of 3.