What Is Being Done?
- High efficiency fluorescent lights are being installed throughout campus
- Sensors for automatic light and A/C turn off are being installed in Wolfson building and are planned for more buildings in a 5 year electricity saving plan.
- Movement sensors installed in chemical hoods
- High efficiency central A/C system installed in recent years saving significantly on total electricity consumption.
- AERI - the weizmann alternative energy reserach intiative fosters research on cutting edge innovations for renewable energies
- Sensors for automatic light and A/C turn off were installed in Wolfson, Belfer, Mayer and Perlman buildings.
- Motion sensors installed in lecture halls to save electricity in air conditioning.