The CTERA backup service is at your disposal, to provide a comprehensive solution for file backup and recovery on Institute user workstations.
CTERA operates in a client/server configuration, and requires installation of client software on end-user workstations.
CTERA software then enables users to select files and folders to be backed up to a dedicated server, so as to prevent any potential data loss.
Once the program is installed, backups run in the background regularly, as per a predefined schedule that can be modified at any time.
All data stored on the dedicated server is automatically backed up.
The CTERA service's key features include:
- Files and folders automatically copied via installed backup software.
- Versioning support, with multiple versions of data continuously backed up.
- High data security.
- Flexible backup scheduling.
- Reporting and alerting.
- High data availability for file retrieval and recovery.
- Close Weizmann IT management and control.
To use CTERA backup, your administrator (or other budget-authorizing personnel) must register you to the service via Internal Services.
A CTERA user account will be set up for you following registration.
The service supports Windows, Mac and Linux.