The Mail2Groups system was developed at the Weizmann Institute to enable authorized users to send mail to different segments of the Weizmann population. All information in the system is drawn from a database, including: email addresses, names of departments, which individuals belong to research groups, which individuals belong to the different departments, etc. As a result, the information is always up-to-date, as of the time that a group of recipients is defined.
Emails sent to the entire Weizmann Institute require approval from the Dean/Division Head.
- Formatting the content of an email: You can format the content of an email. For example, you can use bold, italics, color, bullets, numbering, etc.
- Attachments: You can attach up to three files and an image that will be displayed in the body of the email. Each attachment or image can be up to 2 MB.
- Sending invitations to meetings: You can attach an invitation to a meeting to the email. Recipients have the option of adding the invitation to their calendars.
- Personalizing emails: You can integrate a wildcard into an email, such that each recipient’s name and title will appear in the body of the sent email, in Hebrew or English.
- It is possible to manually add names to the list of recipients, i.e., the email addresses of people who are not part of the defined segment of the population. However, recipients that are manually added will not be personalized with their names and titles.
- Reuse of emails: You can reuse previous emails that were sent by you, or by parties by whom you have been authorized to be their delegate.
- Test email: A test email can be sent, which is received only by the user who wrote the email.
- Schedule emails: You can Schedule your emails to be sent on a future date and time.
- Unsubscribe: recipients can unsubscribe from emails that are categorized as events, lectures and seminars, condolences.