This page provides guidelines on how to use the DCS toolbox on the WEXAC cluster MATLAB.
Instructions for Use
Importing a Generic Scheduler Profile
To import a generic scheduler profile:
- Login to a WEXAC access server, then run the command module load matlab.
On first use, create a data storage directory by running the command mkdir ~/MdcsData, then run the matlab command.
Once the MATLAB software interface loads, access the Home tab, click the Parallel toolbar button and click Manage Cluster Profiles on the menu that appears.
- Click the Import toolbar button in the Cluster Profile Manager, browse to select the profile stored in /apps/RH7U2/general/matlab/SupportPackages/R2017a/GenericProfile_Weizmann.settings, and click Open.
- Click the Set as Default toolbar button to set the imported settings file as the default profile.
- Click the Edit button and use the Folder where job data is stored on the client/JobStorageLocation field to specify, browse to or create the job storage folder.
Use the Additional properties for integration scripts/AdditionalProperties field to add such additional properties as AdditionalSubmitArgs (arguments to the bsub command). Be sure to include a space as the very first character in the added property's Value column (as in the sample AdditionalSubmitArgs value
" -R ‘rusage[mem=1024]’ -q new-all.q -m new_hosts". Click the Done button when you have completed your edits of the various fields.
- Verify that your cluster profile resembles the following sample profile:
Description: Shared profile
ClusterMatlabRoot <matlabroot> (default)
License number: none
Cluster nodes operating system unix
AdditionalSubmitArgs “ -R ‘rusage[mem=1024]’ -q new-all.q -m new_hosts “
Numbers Range: [1 inf]
Once you've created the profile, set it as the default profile.
Run your script via the bsub matlab < parallel.m command. The parallel.m script will run and fork a separate job using Numworkers, assuming parallel is written using parallel functions (beyond the scope of these guidelines).
Note: paths specified in the "Readme" document take precedence over those featured in the generic scheduler documentation.