Weizmann institute utilize RSA SecurID one-time password technologies in order to provide secure authentication mechanism when accessing resources from remote.
The SecurID OTP (one-time password) is a time-based password mechanism that, in sync with our servers, provides temporary password. The OTP can be used only once and in a small time frame (one minute).
The following instructions applies to both physical SecurID devices and Smartphone application based SecurID.
- Open a web browser and navigate to: https://svpn.weizmann.ac.il
- In the User name field, fill in your user ID.
In the Password field, fill in the numbers displayed on your SecurID:
- For physical SecurID device: Enter the numbers displayed and click on “sign in”.
- For smartphone SecurID application: open your “RSA SecurID” application and click on the arrow ( >) next to the black text field. At the browser, type the numbers displayed on the screen.
- Confirm that you wish to continue and set new PIN. Type “y” and then “Submit”.
- Choose new PIN, the PIN should contain at least 4 digits. For maximum security it is advised to set up to 8 digits. Click “Submit” to finish the process.
A confirmation message (“new PIN accepted”) should appear approving the successful PIN set. In any case of a problem, please call our HelpDesk at 08-934-4444