Starting 1-Jan-2021, Remote Client VPN and Endpoint Security Client versions E81.10 and lower may stop functioning and upgrade will fail and require a patch.
Follow these instructions in order to install the latest version:
Step 1: Download Checkpoint VPN E84.30
Download and save the VPN client installation file from this link.
Don't Run the downloaded MSI file at this point, make sure to note the file's location.
Step 2: Remove currently installed version
To uninstall the currently installed version of Check Point VPN Client:
- Click on the magnifying glass near the Start button , write "Control Panel" ,Click on the "Control Panel" search result:
- In the Control Panel window, click on "Programs and Features":
- In the list of installed programs, right-click the Check Point VPN, and click "Uninstall":
- Click "Yes" to proceed with the uninstall
- Click "Yes" to allow the app to make changes:
- Click "Yes" to restart:
Step 3: Install new version
To install the latest version of Check Point VPN Client:
- Run the file downloaded in step 1: E84.30_CheckPointVPN_WithProfile.msi.
- If you are running the installer from outside the Weizmann Campus you might see these windows:
Click "More Info"
Click "Run Anyway"
- Click "Next" in the window that opens:
- Agree to the "License Agreement" and click "Next":
- In "Destination Folder" window, click "Install":
- Click "Yes" to proceed with the install, and allow the app to make changes:
- Click "Finish":
- You might be prompted to restart the computer. Save all open documents and click Yes to restart.
- Only for users outside Weizmann Network: Connect to the VPN in order to make sure the process was successful by entering your Weizmann UserID in Username field, and the 8 digits token in Tokencode field:
- Click Connect. The green lock icon in the taskbar will show a green dot upon successful connection.