Users from the following authorized units may register for the Box service:
- Departments associated with faculties
- Auxiliary units associated with faculties (registration is to be performed solely via the faculty PI)
- Science instruction units
Users of the above departments will be able to register for a Weizmann Institute Enterprise Box account, on the basis of their Personal Account only.
Registration Procedure for PIs
Registration for PIs is to be performed as follows:
- The authorized unit’s PI opens a group on the basis of his or her personal account. Registration is to be performed via Internal Services.
- Upon opening the group, an Institute Enterprise account will be created for the PI. This account will be associated at Internal Services with the registering PI’s group.
- The PI cannot register for the service on the basis of a lab or departmental user. As stated, registration will be allowed on the basis of the PI’s personal account.
- No storage space quota will apply during the registration procedure. All that is required is the registering PI’s budget number.
- PIs do not need to sign the disclaimer.
Registration Procedure for Non-PI Authorized Units Users
Registration of non-PI users will be performed via Internal Services, on the basis of their personal account, as follows:
- Click Register for the user being registered.
- The PI with whom the user is associated must be specified during submission of the registration request.
- As part of the account creation procedure, the PI will receive an automated e-mail message from Internal Services, requesting that the PI authorize the creation of the registering user’s account (see sample automated e-mail below).
Dear Prof. Eduh Dinhov,
The user Gaba, who belongs to Ramon Pad, has requested to use the Box service.
Click here to approve.
In order to use the service, the user (not the PI) must complete registration by signing the Box disclaimer.
The IT Infrastructure Branch
For more information, visit the Box service page at https://www.weizmann.ac.il/WIT/storage-services/storage-scientists/cloud-file-sync. Should you have any questions on Box, please open a support ticket via https://helpdesk.weizmann.ac.il, or call the HelpDesk at extension 4444.
- The PI must click the link provided in the e-mail message, identify him- or herself to Internal Services, and authorize creation of the account by clicking Click here to approve.
- Upon PI approval, the user will be sent an e-mail requesting that he or she sign a legal disclaimer (see sample e-mail below).
Dear Dr. Gaba Baga,
Your PI has approved your request to work with Box.
In order to use the service, you must complete your registration by signing the Box disclaimer.
Failure to do so will result in your having to submit a new request for the service via Internal Services.
Once the registration process is complete, you will receive an e-mail with instructions for using Box.
Please note that it takes one hour from the time you sign the disclaimer for the process to be completed.
The IT Infrastructure Branch
For more information, visit our Box service page at https://www.weizmann.ac.il/WIT/storage-services/storage-scientists/cloud-file-sync. Should you have any questions on Box, please open a support ticket via https://helpdesk.weizmann.ac.il, or call the HelpDesk at extension 4444.
- The registration process will be completed within one hour of the BOX service legal disclaimer (see below) being signed by the research student / lab member. Note that PIs do not need to sign the disclaimer.
Box disclaimer content:
By registering for the organizational Box service of the Weizmann Institute of Science (hereinafter: "the Institute") or by converting my Box account from a private account to an organizational Institute account, I hereby declare and certify the following:
I am aware that the Institute's organizational Box account (hereinafter: "the Account") is designated for the working needs of the Institute, and for this purpose only.
Accordingly, I am aware and agree that:
The information in the Account will be stored in a cloud, as part of the service purchased from Box Inc.;
The Institute shall at all times have exclusive ownership of the information in the Account;
The Institute's Weizmann IT personnel and/or the support representatives assisting the Institute with regards to the Box service, shall be able to:
Check file integrity, file access authorization structure, etc., according to a documented request on my behalf in the Weizmann IT Service Desk system;
Transfer the information in the Account to the PI / to the head of my Research Services Unit, as applicable, through whom I registered for the service, according to his/her request;
Transfer the information in the Account to those in charge of saving the information at the Institute, according to their request;
Transfer the information in the Account according to the instructions of the parties so authorized, as is customary at the Institute.
The above shall apply both during the period of my employment at the Institute as well as after the termination of my employment at the Institute. Upon termination of my employment, the PI / the head of my Research Services Unit, as applicable, through whom I registered for the service, shall have full discretion regarding the decision as to what is to be done with the information stored in the Account.
I hereby irrevocably waive any claim and/or demand and/or action against the Institute regarding the disclosure of the information in the Account and/or its transfer to another person, as aforementioned above, and/or any related matter.
- Once the PI has approved creation of the account, and the user has signed the Box legal disclaimer, an Institute Enterprise account will be created for the user, and will be associated with the authorizing PI’s group (note again that the process will be completed within one hour of the user having signed the Box legal disclaimer, and that failure to sign the disclaimer within 30 days will result in a new registration request having to be made).
- The Box account will in effect be created upon the user’s first login to http://weizmann.box.com, following which notification will be sent to the division’s Box team.