PIs only may sign up for the LabArchives service – via Internal Services – with the department administrator performing registration for them.
First-time PI Registration
Registration is to be performed by the authorized unit's PI as follows:
- Register to the LabArchives service through Internal Services.
Once registration via Internal Services has been completed, the PI will receive e-mail confirmation of registration success.
- On successful registration and e-mail confirmation, access the service via the Weizmann LabArchives login page. Login is performed via federated authentication, following which the PI will be able to create and share notebooks with students and staff members.
- On the LabArchives login page, click I do not have a LabArchives account and need to create or activate one.
- Enter your e-mail address (with the @weizmann.ac.il domain suffix; other domains are not allowed by WIS policy) in the appropriate field, then click Create New Account.
- Click Yes to confirm account creation and link your LabArchives account with your Weizmann Institute login credentials (this is a mandatory step, without which you will not gain full Weizmann Edition LabArchives attributes and benefits, such as unlimited space, large file uploads and others).
- Click Update to confirm your LabArchives account information.
PIs can invite students and members to work together on created notebooks. Those invited will be able to create their own account on the LabArchives Web site and begin collaborating on shared notebooks.
Students and members having received invites from the PI are to do the following:
- Click Create Your Account Now in the invitation e-mail.