We provide a range of video conferencing facilities to improve collaboration between user groups at the Weizmann Institute and worldwide. These include a VC codec in dedicated conference rooms, as well as VC software for PC and Macintosh, and a VC app for the iPad and other mobile devices.
Video Conferencing - Zoom
Video conferences are typically held in dedicated rooms, via VC systems, projectors and/or LED screens, ambient microphones for clear audio, and high quality speakers. Numerous such rooms are available throughout the Institute, including the IT conference room and the Ayala hall in the administration building.
To make video conferencing easier to use than ever, the Telephony section has recently launched Zoom - a new service that delivers significantly enhanced user experience.
The Zoom platform enables easy collaboration via high quality VC and content sharing. It can be used anywhere in the world and at any time, on any device, including VC systems, computers, tablets, other mobile devices and telephone systems.
To host or join a video conference call, simply access weizmann.zoom.us via your browser.
The Zoom service's key features and capabilities include:
- HD video
- Group messaging
- Document, photo and video clip screen sharing
- Annotation and co-annotation
- Instant or scheduled meetings
- MP4 or M4A recording - Cloud Recording 0.5GB ( After 30 days your Meeting recording will be deleted )
- Software support for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS, plug-ins for Google Chrome and Microsoft Outlook, and feature-rich mobile apps for iOS and Android
- e-mail-based SSO (Single Sign-On)
- Telephone dial-in support in 60+ countries
The Zoom service is charged on a monthly 15 NIS service rate basis.
To register to the ZOOM service, contact your administrator.